Sunday 24 February 2013

Before & After - Natural Glow


Apologies for the state of my eyebrows, I've been a little slack of late which is also the reason for the lack of blog posts too.
Anyway! With Spring and Summer coming I thought I might get my glow on early. There is nothing like sun kissed skin is there? As you can tell by my before photos I don't have sun kissed skin at all, more like snow white skin! Tired eyes don't help either, sleep really plays a big part in the health of your skin, the more healthy your skin is the less make up you need. The two things that really destroy skin are hormones and lack of sleep, one is easier to deal with than the other. Sleep, if you can get it will renew your skin, think of it as exactly what it is, recharging. A phone doesn't work it's best on a low battery, well, neither does your skin. Smoking will play a huge part in your skin too, it dehydrates your skin to the extreme causing wrinkles, and I'm not just talking about the puff lines you'll get around your mouth!
Hormones are a lot harder to deal with, whether it's puberty, pregnancy, and imbalance there's not much you can do about but tailor your skin care products around your hormone fluctuations, this goes for men as well as women (as does smoking)

Make-up

Face
I use Boots Time Delay products on my face every morning, not that you'll think from the before photos but I used to have extremely bad skin due to pregnancy. Huge discoloured red rashes on my cheeks and chin, acne, and dark spots from lack of sleep, dehydration and hormone changes. Not fun. But Boots Time Delay really fixed my skin and it could be because I used it religiously every morning and night!

Concealer - I use a concealer palette. Since I have dark bags under my eyes now I start with the green concealer as a base before applying more skin toned concealer and foundation. A great palette to use is Pro Concealer Camouflage Cream 15 Color Palette Makeup can be found on Amazon & Ebay. 
Foundation - I am usually a Soft Beige colour in any foundation. The one I used for this session was a powder foundation from Nivea called Nivea Pure & Natural Colours Powder.
Bronzer - Then I added a light touch of bronzer all over my face, neck and chest area, just a light touch as you don't want to look orange you want to look healthy. Then a more generous amount of bronzer can be added to your cheekbones to make it look like you've been out in the sun. I used NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder.

Eyes
Shadow - An eye palette is always always a great investment. I hate the amount of shadows I loose, can't find or have scattered around the house in different makeup bags. Try a Professional 88 Palette I always get excited over the amount of colours I can work with whenever I open this thing!
Eyeliner - A wet eye liner or gel liner is great for the small thin line effect, we're going for natural, not club. Try a liquid liner pen which is easier to handle Smashbox Limitless Waterproof Liquid Liner Pen is a good one. Then go over it with a fine eye liner brush that has a little dark/black powder. 
Mascara - I'm in love with this mascara -> LOreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara. Since becoming a mother I love any makeup that comes in waterproof!
Eyebrows - I didn't do too much to my eyebrows (obviously) as they are in need of a shaping, but I do add a little definition and shape with eyebrow powder rather than pencil so it's not as harsh.

Lips
Here's a trick, not got the right colour gloss for your lips? Make one. Add a bit of eyeshadow in the colour you want to your lips then go over it with a clear lip balm or gloss. I use Pretty Smile Aloe Vera Lip Balm to keep my lips hydrated. You can get them cheaper than the link at Semi Chem for £1 or on ebay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment